Wednesday 19 March 2008

owww!!!

Bad OBE (Out of Buggy Experience) yesterday. smashed helmet & broken wrist whilst avoiding a rogue dog at Cleethorpes.

To be fair to the owners they were a long way away and the collie didn't halve move fast. The dog was barking as they went past walking north so it must've taken it's chance coming back south about 30mins later. This time it was sure to head in disaster for me or the mad dog, I chose me

Smashed helmet rather than smashed head! that's a temp cast on my hand, i'm neither hairy or snow white!


I always take safety first wearing walking boots for ankle support, upper body armour (661 pressure suit), helmet (now got a moto-x full face helmet to replace the protec) & knee pads (661 kyle strait). For those that know me, i'm even thinner in real life! :)

btw - my head doesn't hurt thanks to helmet although I did get a 'flash' on impact.

cast on now - xray shows i've chipped a 50p size piece of bone off and it's currently in place but may move. got to go back for regular xrays to make sure it stays put. no sneaky kiting for me.



Here's my GPS run before it all went pear shaped showing at top speed of 26mph: