Saturday 28 June 2008

Ponte

I popped along to Pontefract again today hoping for a good session as the forecast was for 15mph winds. The trees were swaying and everything pointed towards a great day.

I arrived at about 11am and setup my 9m Atom as I don't need too much power when on land, the wind started to drop and I rapidly ran out of power completely and the Atom fell out of the sky after just a couple of runs. It's always a pig to launch if there's not much wind as it just won't roll over.

I packed that up and opened up the 14m Waroo with a little more success but there still wasn't enough power to get upwind. I eventually gave up and just lazed around on the grass talking to Tony (Bibbler) and Gary who were similarly frustrated with the lack of promised wind.

Ho hum, another day with little mileage.