Thursday 31 January 2008

Google Kitemap

I started pulling together lots of kiting locations into a google map with mini hints and links to local clubs etc.

I started with mostly local sites I'd been to but I've been growing my collection and it's up to quite a lot now across most of the UK.
http://kitemap.pashley.org
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...b1e98332d4af9f

The colour scheme, is described in the map description.

If anyone has any sites, I'm willing to add them so send them over as a google map link to the exact location, GPS co-ordinates or failing that a post code.

Green = known good
Blue = untested site
Yellow = known restricted
Red = known ban
Purple = special site, e.g., shop & flying zone

Yellow basket = shop

If you're interested in providing locations, links, mini reviews or joining in as a collaborator then please PM me with your email address so I can add you into the google map. Collaborators get to edit the map directly so a few more to do this would be useful.

I personally find it useful as I can overlay it when I'm using google maps and see where the nearest kite spot is to where I may end up travelling. You can also get directions to sites by just clicking on the site and selecting "Directions : To Here'. Very handy.