Saturday 5 January 2008

HPF fliers? new people & ripped kite

Another gusty day landboarding at Herringthorpe with the 8m Access II, winds were stupidly gusty again and my skills need improving but I'm getting there

Down on Herringthorpe Playing Fields I've seen someone with what looked like a 10m Frenzy (?) + land board alongside someone with a red Beamer (2.5/3m?). I was having a good boarding session with my GII at the time so didn't stop to talk as they're a pig to land.

I saw someone else new last Saturday get their kite ripped to shreds. It was super gusty and I saw their kite (didn't recognise the type) rattling from the trees getting cut to shreds. It eventually cut itself loose, flew across the road and into the bungalows opposite. It looked more like a grass skirt after that! I doubt they'll be back.

It seems to be getting rather popular as there's pretty much always someone there at the weekends, including me most saturdays.