Sunday 14 October 2007

1st Beach - Cleethorpes

My family and I all headed off to Cleethorpes today partly to take a look at the kiting area then if we couldn't find it or it was rubbish then we'd spend the day in the amusements.

We finally found the place near Thorpe Park and walked out to see who was about, there were a few people there with lots of kites but I hadn't a clue what it all meant.

In the end I decided to stay and the others went off and left me for the day. I watched for a while and I wasn't really sure what I was doing but I plucked up the courage to give it a go.

After some initial skudding around with the AII I tried boarding but didn't get very far and only in one direction, it was also frustrating to see kids bombing up & down with such ease. I kept getting stuck in sand/mud along with falling off the board a lot.

I was on the beach for over 4hrs in the end but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Still, its hopefully only the beginning.